Blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, chocolate chips, oh my! This is one of our favorite breakfast meal preps eva! It is packed full of healthy goodness and oats that help you stay full longer. No more hangriness by 10:00 a.m. Add just a dash of mini chocolate chips and you feel like you are eating dessert! Berries are in full harvest swing right now as well...if you are reading this in August. If you aren't, it doesn't mean you can't enjoy this berry goodness. Those little grocery stores still have some pretty good ones year round.
If you are a big meal prepper, we suggest doubling the recipe so you have enough for all week...or to share.
- 1 cup organic old fashioned oats
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup diced organic strawberries
- 1/4 cup organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup organic blackberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (try Splenda or Ideal brand for less grams of sugar)
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond, cashew or coconut milk
- 2 TBSP egg whites
- 1 TBSP melted butter
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 8x8 casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine oats, half of all berries, brown sugar, half of chocolate chips, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Mix well and then pour into casserole dish. Top with remaining berries and chocolate chips.
- Combine milk, egg whites, butter and vanilla extract in bowl. Whisk together and then pour evenly over oat mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pull dish out 5 minutes before done and sprinkle just a little extra brown sugar on top. Put back in oven for the last 5 minutes and you'll get a nice extra caramel crisp on top.
- Add banana slices on top of oat mixture before pouring milk/egg on top.
- You can always use regular milk instead of almond, cashew or coconut milk.
We hope you enjoy! Try it and let us know what you think!!!