Super easy, super healthy and super yummy! Is your farmer's market or own personal garden overflowing with tomatoes? Add a few ingredients and you have some amazing pico de gallo for dinner or a end of summer party (or really anytime of year because who doesn't love fresh like this?) Serve with organic tortilla chips or add to the top of your chicken, shrimp or fish tacos. It adds such a great flavor profile over and above just diced tomatoes.
Take note on two of our mistakes (thank WLD's President for this). Use gloves to deseed and chop the jalapeno. The oil from the pepper can burn your skin. AND, don't touch near your eye or mouth if you by chance get said oil on your hands. Learn from our mistakes!
We are really loving our Midori Way bamboo cutting board as well. It's beautiful and functional with the grooves to catch the juicy goodness from your fresh cut veggies.
- 1 1/2 cup diced fresh tomatoes (4 medium)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1-2 TBSP fresh finely chopped serrano or jalapeno pepper (make sure you don't use the seeds!!!)
- 2 TBSP freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 TBSP fresh snipped and chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Chop and dice all ingredients then combine in a bowl. Stir well and serve!
- Tip! Make ahead of time and let it sit 2 to 6 hours in the fridge. Flavors really present themselves. Can serve up to 48 hours later if refrigerated.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.