Pecan Sweet Potato Protein Bars....don't these sound like a little slice of Thanksgiving (or pre-Thanksgiving, all fall long and maybe even into winter) HEAVEN?? Well, they are. Low in sugar. Get your protein in. Don’t feel guilty about this dessert. A definite must try!!!
These little protein bars are sweet potato sweet, moist with a little bit of pecan crunch. Perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack or dessert. We were inspired by Jamie Eason’s carrot cake protein bars, but put a little fall twist on it. We all love the results and are pretty sure you will too.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein (or pumpkin spice protein if in season)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon himalyan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup Splenda or ideal (baking)
- 8.5 ounces organic baby food sweet potatoes
- 4 ounces water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 9 dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix oat flour, protein powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and allspice together in a large bowl. Mix with a fork so all ingredients are well blended.
- Mix egg whites, Splenda, baby food sweet potatoes and water together in a medium bowl. Whisk together until well blended.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Using a mixer, blend on low for one minute.
- Add ¼ cup chopped pecans to mixture and stir until evenly dispersed.
- Pour mixture into 9x9 dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Take bars out and top with a few more chopped pecans if desired. Gently push into top of bars and then bake for another 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Don’t top with pecans at the beginning because they have a higher likelihood of burning.
- Let cool. Cut into 9 squares and ENJOY!!!!!
Give these a try and let us know what you think! We always love hearing from our readers. firstname.lastname@example.org